I’m no stranger to Harissa, my friends. Want to see more recipes using this spicy, versatile pepper paste? Check out my Harissa Spiced Sweet Potatoes.
This recipe uses green Harissa. And while the flavors are similar to the traditional red pepper paste, it must be the Oklahoma girl in me that thinks green Harissa wants to be used as Tex-Mex. Blame it on the marriage of green peppers & cumin but I can’t help but crave tacos when I taste green Harissa.
To make this recipe, you’ll first need to make a batch of these Plantain Tortillas. Don’t worry, I’ve provided pretty detailed picture instructions to guide you. If you’re not in the business of making your own plantain tortillas you could also try organic corn tortillas (but the Plantain ones are the way I’d go, myself).
Next you’ll wanna whip up a batch of the Harissa Lime Sour Cream.
Organic, grass fed sour cream, green Harissa paste from Mina, lime & salt. I like to toss some cilantro on top for color too.
Next up, I like to roast some mini sweet peppers on high heat for about 20 minutes. Just take a baking sheet, rinse them & roast at about 400 for 20 minutes or so. These peppers can be stored in your fridge & used for anything from snacking to salads. Fry or scramble your eggs, depending on your egg persuasion. Plate your breakfast tacos with a plantain tortilla, egg, peppers & the Harissa Lime Sour Cream. Top with an extra squeeze of fresh lime & cilantro.
How to prepare breakfast tacos with harissa lime sour cream
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 4-6 servings
- One batch of Plantain Tortillas
- 1 egg per Tortilla
- Optional Garnish:
- Fresh Cilantro
- Roasted Sweet Mini Peppers
- For the Harissa Lime Sour Cream:
- 2 Tablespoons green Mina Harissa paste
- ½ cup Organic, Grass Fed Sour Cream
- 2-3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Pinch of salt
- To make the Harissa Lime Sour Cream mix sour cream with lime juice, Harissa & salt.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to use.
- Assemble the tacos by placing a cooked egg on a plantain tortilla.
- Top with optional garnishes like roasted mini peppers, cilantro, fresh lime juice.
- Top with Harissa Lime Sour Cream.