This recipe is a bit of a riff of a lemon poppy seed muffin I made for the 21 Day Sugar Detox.
I found myself craving this bread one day & figured, why reinvent the wheel? I ended up making my muffin recipe into a loaf form & then… added sugar. But, if you’re looking for a 21DSD version of this recipe, definitely check out my ebook which is included in the online program!
While we’re on the subject of sugar, this recipe calls for organic sugar. I use this kind.
If you find that using organic sugar breaks every constitutional rule you uphold & defend with enthusiasm please – do not send me an email or leave me a comment letting me know.
Just use maple sugar like this, if you have it. I find they seem to work the most interchangeably in baking.
Let’s just look at some pictures, shall we??
How to prepare lemon poppy seed bread
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 45 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 55 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 6-8 servings
- For the bread:
- Wet Ingredients:
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Milk (cows milk or dairy free)
- Juice of 2 Lemons (approx 4 Tablespoons or ¼ cup)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Dry Ingredients:
- ½ cup Tapioca Flour
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ¼ cup Organic Sugar or Maple Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- For Frosting:
- ½ cup Coconut Butter
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla
- Juice of half a lemon + zest
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- Coconut milk (to add until mixture is a spreadable consistency)
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients & mix until combined.
- In a smaller bowl, add all the wet ingredients & stir until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients & stir until well combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or grease bottom & edges well with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a knife or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- While bread is baking, make frosting.
- In a small dish, combine all the frosting ingredients except coconut milk. Stir well until everything is combined. Then, if needed, slowly pour in coconut milk to bring your frosting to a consistency that will spread easily. This will likely depend on how dry your coconut butter was.
- Once bread if finished baking, remove from oven & let cool before frosting.