I felt really proud of myself that I was ahead of the game for Pi Day with this gluten free blueberry peach pie.
I love these random holidays that allow us food bloggers to turn your attentions to… what else? Food. I’ve been working on this crust recipe since the holidays but when I went to start testing the filling recipe I realized I was all out of the Organic Palm Shortening. Oh no! What’s a girl to do? My thoughts quickly turned to what else I had in my pantry that could make a crust…
Luckily I was delighted to find not only did I have plenty of butter on hand, I also had duck fat. The holy grail of favorite cooking fats. Duck fat is easily my favorite cooking fat & now that I’ve made a gluten free pie crust out of it, I know it can pretty much do everything.
Once you’ve made your crust, head back here & make the filling!
Looking for something chocolatey? Check out my Healthy Flourless Chocolate Cake recipe!
Gluten Free Blueberry Peach Pie
- 1 Gluten Free Pie Crust
- 3 cups Blueberries
- 3 cups Peaches, sliced
- ¾ cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cassava Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 (or oven will still be hot from baking crust).
- Once your pie crust has been precooked, fill with the fruit mixture.
- Place the pie back into the oven & cook 35-40 minutes until filling is bubbly!
- Remove from oven & set on a cooling rack until pie has cooled enough to cut.