In a couple days, by bestie & I are heading out on an epic girls trip to London & Paris. Naturally, my thoughts turn towards my gear. I want to make sure I not only have everything I need but that everything makes it safe & secure so I figured I’d write up a quick post on how to pack your camera bag for traveling abroad.
This also gave me a great opportunity to do a Periscope video because everyone knows I love my Friday scopes. Plus, I love getting to interact with you guys live & answer any Q’s you might have!
My tips for pack your camera bag
Here are links to my other mentions like the lens pen & the Eyefi Mobi card.
So the main takeaways from the video are:
- Take one big player (bag) that will hold all the things & make traveling life easier. High standards, I know, but I’ve found the one.
- Don’t over gear. Take what you need. I chose my full frame + one lens & my mirrorless + one lens.
- Make sure you have adaptors & convertors depending on your country & electronics.
- Don’t forget things like a lens pen or cleaning cloth!
- Consider bringing a smaller, lighter bag option that can work for longer excursions or places where you won’t want to be knocking people over with your travel size bag.
- How will you share your images? Wireless camera option? Wireless SD card?
- Safeguard your images (& make sharing a snap) by using something like Dropbox.
What tips would you add?
Ready for more? Check out any of my other food photography posts here!15