This cucumber juice recipe is flavorful, healthy and full of greens and nutritious add-ons.
Green juices come with tons of health benefits, and if you have been looking to explore and reap the benefits too, here’s the ultimate cucumber juice recipe for you!
Why Cucumber Juice?
Cucumber juice is one of the best green juices out there that packs in tons of health benefits, and is a great gluten free healthy drink to add to your diet.
Apart from helping you lose weight, this healthy juice also comes with added nutritional benefits that make it a great pick for your digestive system.
The combination and cucumbers and the other ingredients make this cucumber juice recipe great for your skin and bone health.
What I Love About the Recipe
Apart from the fact that the cucumber juice is great for weight loss, what I love the most about it is all the benefits that come along.
Drinking cucumber juice is great for your skin health, blood sugar, and helps lower blood pressure levels too. It definitely has to be one of the healthiest cucumber recipes out there.
It also gives your body a good dose of vitamin C and vitamin K, and can easily be a part of your healthy diet.
Ingredients For the Cucumber Juice Recipe
You’ll need just 5 simple ingredients to make cucumber juice.
- Kale: Boosts the nutritional value and adds a vibrant green color.
- Granny Smith apples: Bring a natural sweetness, balancing out the other flavors.
- Celery: Contributes to the green color profile while adding its own health benefits.
- English cucumber: Picked for its dark green color, it also gives the juice a refreshing taste.
- Lemon: Infuses a tangy flavor, cutting through the bitterness of the greens.
How to Make the Cucumber Juice with Greens
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here’s what you’ll need to do to make the green juice.
Step 1: Clean the Veggies
Wash all your produce very thoroughly.
Step 2: Core the Apples
Cut the apple in fours and remove the core.
Step 3: Peel the Lemon
Peel the lemon and discard the peel. Slice the cucumber and chop the celery.
Step 4: Process in a Juicer and Serve!
Process the washed and prepared ingredients through your juicer. Serve in a glass with ice cubes.
Tips & Tricks to Nail the Recipe
Ready to make fresh cucumber juice? Here are some more tips and tricks you might want to take note of.
- I used English cucumbers also known as hothouse cucumbers or Persian cucumbers for this recipe, as they have a mild flavor and help get that perfect green color in the juice.
- If you want to use the standard cucumber, you’ll need to get rid of the thin skin on its surface, and then use it.
- I used a juicer to process the ingredients, but if you don’t have one, you can use a high speed blender or a high powered blender instead.
- If you don’t have either of these, you can just use a food processor to get the job done.
- You can also choose to remove the large seeds from the cucumbers before you process them, or just run the juice through a fine mesh sieve or a fine mesh strainer to get rid of all the solids if you want a clear, uniform juice.
- Alternatively, you can just use a muslin cloth or a nut milk bag to remove the solids.
- Don’t forget to garnish the cucumber juice with some fresh cucumber slices or lime juice.
What Else Can I Add to the Cucumber Juice?
In addition to all the other ingredients that I added, you can also choose to add some green apple or fresh ginger to the juice to bring in a bit of flavor variation.
Lime juice can also be a fantastic addition if you don’t have lemon juice.
You can also add a bit of chaat masala to the juice to enhance its flavor.
For some extra tanginess, you can also add some lemon zest into the cucumber juice.
How Long Can I Store Cucumber Juice?
I would recommend consuming the cucumber juice immediately, as most fresh fruit and veggie juices lose their health benefits when they are stored for too long.
You can store the juice for a few hours in the refrigerator if you want to. Just remember to cover the glass with some plastic wrap to keep it fresh.
Enjoyed this healthy recipe? You might want to check out some more of these delicious and healthy recipes too.
- 1 lbs. kale
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1 English cucumber
- 1 lemon
- Wash all your produce very thoroughly
- Cut the apple in fours and remove the core.
- Peel the lemon and discard the peel.
- Slice the cucumber and chop the celery.
- Process the washed and prepared ingredients through your juicer. Serve in a glass with ice cubes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 7gSugar: 11gProtein: 4g