This hot cocoa dip has the perfect hot chocolate flavor, and is an insanely delicious no bake dessert that you can put together in minutes.
Dessert dips are a fantastic easy sweet treat to make and serve at holiday parties, and this delicious sweet treat is the perfect example.
Plus, it is gluten free, and with just a simple tweak, you can also make the dip dairy free.
What I Love About the Recipe
On the cold winter nights, there’s nothing a good hot chocolate dessert can’t fix, and this easy hot cocoa dip is perfect.
My favorite part about this recipe is the fact that this chocolate dip can be customized as per your preference. You can bring lots of fun variations to it.
You can top it with your choice of toppings, and serve it with your favorite dippers at your next holiday party.
Ingredients For the Hot Cocoa Dip Recipe
You’ll need just 5 simple ingredients to make hot chocolate dip from scratch.
- Marshmallow fluff: Provides a fluffy and sweet base for the cocoa dip.
- Cool Whip: Adds creaminess and lightness to the texture of the dip.
- Hershey’s cocoa (unsweetened): Infuses the dip with a rich, intense chocolate flavor.
- Mini marshmallows: Offer a fun texture and added sweetness.
- Graham crackers: Serve as the perfect crunchy companion for dipping.
How to Make Hot Cocoa Dip
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here’s what you’ll need to do to make the hot cocoa dip recipe.
Step 1: Combine Marshmallow Fluff, Cool Whip and Cocoa Powder.
In a large mixing bowl, add the Marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder.
Step 2: Blend Until the Mixture is Smooth
With a hand mixer, blend these ingredients together for about 5 minutes, or until the dip is light and fluffy.
Step 3: Serve with Graham Crackers
Remove in a serving dish and serve with graham crackers.
Tips to Make Hot Cocoa Dip
Ready to try out this delicious dessert dip recipe? Here are some more tips and tricks you might want to keep in mind.
- To lend the hot chocolate dip some extra flavor, you can also add some espresso powder into it along with the hot cocoa mix.
- I used mini marshmallows as the topping, but you can also top this hot cocoa dip with some whipped cream and mini chocolate chips to bring in a nice variation to it.
- If you want this hot chocolate dip to have a bit of a thicker texture and some extra creaminess to it, you can also add some softened cream cheese into the mixture.
- I would recommend using the best quality hot chocolate mix you can get your hands on for this recipe. It really makes a difference with how the end flavors turn out.
- You can also use high quality Mexican hot chocolate mix to make a Mexican hot chocolate dip.
- Remember to serve this dessert dip in a serving bowl right before you want to serve.
- If you’re trying this hot chocolate dip recipe for a holiday party, you can also top it with some crushed candy canes in addition to the mini marshmallows.
- I would also recommend topping the hot chocolate dip with some extra whipped cream on the top, some mini chocolate chips and crushed Graham crackers.
How Can I Make the Hot Chocolate Dip Dairy Free?
To make a dairy free version of this hot cocoa dip, all you need to do is swap the Cool Whip that the recipe calls for with dairy-free frozen whipped topping of your choice.
How to Store Leftover Dip?
If you have any leftover dip that you want to store for later, you can just transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate it.
In fact, you can also prep it in advance and let it rest in the fridge overnight.
The chocolate dip should stay fresh for 2-3 days, if not more.
What Do Serve With the Hot Chocolate Dip?
This hot cocoa dip can be served with some more mini marshmallows, vanilla wafers, chocolate chip cookies, animal crackers, Graham crackers and even some fresh fruit if you want to.
More Dessert Recipes
If you enjoyed making this hot chocolate dip recipe, and are inspired to try your hands at some more dessert recipes, here are a few handpicked ones to choose from.
- 1 jar (7.5 oz) of Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 container (8 oz) of Cool Whip (Original)
- ¼ cup Hershey’s cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 tbsp Mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, add the Marshmallow fluff, Cool Whip, and cocoa powder.
- With a hand mixer, blend these ingredients together for about 5 minutes, or until the dip is light and fluffy.
- Remove in a serving dish and serve with graham crackers.
- Ready to try out this delicious dessert dip recipe? Here are some more tips and tricks you might want to keep in mind.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 42Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g