What could be better than chocolate chip cookies? Ah, that would be a gluten free chocolate chip skillet cookie.
I actually made this recipe ages ago when I was playing around with my best gluten free chocolate chip cookie recipe & decided instead of dropping them into several balls, why not make it easy & throw all the batter into a skillet? This skillet version is a bit lighter & fluffier than my cookie recipe simply because it seems to have better ‘staying together’ power when it’s combined than the single cookies do. Gluten free baking, man. It’s not easy.
Let’s move on shall we? No need to hear my life story to get into this recipe & I know that’s what you’re all hankering for? Plus, I’m starting to say things like hankering… I’m not sure what’s actually even happening now so… MOVING ON!
(Sidenote: sometimes I hate writing these intros as much as you hate reading them but still, I figure I gotta try, right?????)
No? Ok, how about here’s my cookie recipe. Boom.
How to prepare my gluten free chocolate chip skillet cookie
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 20 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 30 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 1 skillet cookie
- ½ Cup Organic Sugar (or Maple Sugar)
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk
- ½ Cup Otto’s Cassava Flour
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugars, butter, vanilla, egg & yolk.
- Once they are well combined, add in cassava flour, baking soda & salt.
- With a spatula, pour mixture into a small cast iron skillet (approx 8-9 inches) & smooth out the top.
- Place in the oven & bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven & served after slightly cooled.