I’ve been going crazy with asparagus lately. There’s something about seeing the fresh spring produce hit the shelves that gets me so excited. I’m all, come on, asparagus! Come on, radishes! I see you too, lettuces! Let’s do this! We’ve been eating this garlic herb asparagus several times a week which, I have to be honest, is kinda rare. I mean, I like asparagus. But these days, I really like it.
I think the real trick is making sure you don’t have mushy asparagus once it’s been cooked. The two big tips I have for that are a super hot oven + a short cooking time. Trust me on this. Do not over cook these asparagus. The fast cooking time is just a bonus too if you’re making this on a weeknight. You can have your veg ready in as little as 12 minutes. Boom.
If you happen to follow me on Instagram you got a giggle out of my ‘6 inch ribbon curls’ reference.
How to prepare my garlic herb asparagus
- PREPARATION TIME: 5 mins
- COOK TIME: 12 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 17 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 4 servings
- 1 bunch Asparagus, washed, thick ends trimmed away
- 2 Tablespoons Avocado Oil
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Primal Palate Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend
- Zest of one lemon + optional lemon slices
- Preheat oven to 425.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, arrange asparagus.
- Top with oil, sea salt & garlic & herb seasoning.
- Top with lemon zest & if you want to add lemon slices as well before roasting.
- Roast in the oven for 7-12 minutes until done. Cooking time will depend on thickness of asparagus.
- Remove from oven & serve.
If you love asparagus like I do, don’t miss these other delicious recipes:45