Disclosure: I received products and payment from Genuine Thermos Brand as compensation for the post, and Genuine Thermos Brand did not influence any opinion of this product. All views and opinions expressed in the post are my own and no other compensation was provided.
I’ve been wanting to toss together a cold noodle salad for awhile but lazy summer days kept getting the best of me. After we got back from almost 3 solid weeks of vacation my mind was literally bursting with recipe ideas & now it was just a matter of time to put them all together.
Does that happen to you? After a long stretch of eating on the road or being at other people’s houses, the one thing I want to do is jump back into my kitchen & get to cooking.
Especially now that school is starting for so many of us, naturally my efforts turn to packable lunches. If you’re looking for ways to pack a healthy lunch for the kiddos, check out my 7 tips for a healthy packed lunch!
One of my favorite tricks is using dinner leftovers as next day’s lunch & this recipe is a definite winner for that! Basically you get two meals out of one cooking session & even though my friends will tell you math isn’t my strong suit, that adds up to me.
We love using our Genuine Thermos® Brand Dual Compartment Food Jar for packing this meal! Especially since it allows you to keep hot food hot (for up to 5 hours) & cold food cold (for up to 7 hours). It also comes with a super handy, adorable, foldable spork! Plus, if you have some big eaters this food jar holds a surprising amount of food for such a compact jar.
How to prepare garlic chicken with asian noodle salad
- PREP TIME: 15 mins
- COOK TIME: 25 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 40 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 4-6 servings
- For the chicken:
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 Tblsp Coconut Oil
- 3 Tblsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tblsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 5-6 Garlic Cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp Salt
- For the cold Asian noodle salad:
- 4 oz Rice Noodles (I prefer the ones labeled straight cut becausec they are shorter)
- 2 cups Shredded Carrots
- ½ cup Cilantro, chopped
- ¼ cup Green Onions, sliced
- For the Cashew Sauce:
- ½ cup Cashew Butter
- ¼ cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tblsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tblsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves, mashed
- Juice of one lime
- To make the Cashew Sauce, in a large bowl, whisk together cashew butter, coconut milk, coconut aminos, fish sauce, sriracha, garlic & lime juice. Whisk until smooth & set aside.
- Follow prep directions on rice noodle packet for cold salad. I prefer to add noodles to boiling water & let boil for 8 minutes.
- After noodles are boiled, rinse under very cold water & add the noodles to the Cashew Sauce.
- While noodles & sauce are in the bowl, add shredded carrots, cilantro & green onions. Toss together until sauce is covering all the noodles & serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve alongside garlic chicken.
- To make the Garlic Chicken, in a heavy bottom skillet over medium heat, melt coconut oil.
- Place chicken breast chunks in oil & saute until they begin to brown.
- Once chicken is browning add in coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic & salt. Saute the mixture while scraping all the extra bits of chicken off the skillet.
- Once chicken is cooked, remove from heat.