Summer is always the best time to strike up a romance with raw veggies. It’s too hot to cook & if you’re like me, the kale is a’flowing in the backyard garden. There have been many kale recipes on Eat Your Beets including this Cheesy Sweet Potato & Kale Bake or the most popular recipe on my site, Sausage & Kale Soup!
This past week we got back from 3 weeks of vacation & our garden was out of control. Like 10 pounds of beans, a crazy amount of rainbow chard & more kale than you can shake a stick at! With all this amazing, seasonal produce I wanted to create a quick & easy, raw, summer fruit and kale salad!
Obviously, we grow all this food to cut down on grocery bills so it’s fantastic when I can create recipes that not only use up the ingredients but taste amazing as well. This salad has been on heavy rotation in our house.
Bonus points – it can be made in under 10 minutes. Score!
How to prepare summer fruit and kale salad
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- Serves: 4 servings
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 2 Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Honey
- Pinch of Salt
- 5 cups of Kale, shredded
- 1 firm Peach, sliced
- ¼ cup of Parmesan Cheese, shredded
- ½ cup fresh Cherries, pitted & halved
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, make your dressing.
- Add olive oil, honey, lemon juice & salt.
- Whisk together until combined.
- Toss your thinly shredded kale in the dressing until well combined.
- Add in sliced peach, parmesan, cherries & almonds.
- Toss until all ingredients are well combined.
- Serve immediately or cover & refrigerate until serving.