Memorial Day is always a great time to plan a get together with friends & it creates a fun opportunity to come up with new, seasonal dishes! If you read my post on fashion for busy moms, you’ll know I was super excited when Stitch Fix contacted me & asked me to create a recipe that would pair perfectly with an outfit you’d wear to a beach bash.
I love the idea of having sweet treats that aren’t super sweet (trust me, someone will surely bring the super sweet desserts) & that also have some fresh fruit in them. I also love when we can give our kiddos fruit as a dessert & when you make them into ice pops, it feels especially fancy!
This is a dairy free recipe & while I find almond or cashew milks to be especially refreshing in treats or iced coffee, if this is your first venture into alternative milks, I highly suggest you jump right in!
While you’re at it, hop over & check out the outfit that Stitch Fix pairs perfectly with these ice pops. You’re sure to love it (I know I do!!) & while my ice pops will keep you cool, you’ll certainly be looking cool in this sweet ensemble.
How to prepare my dairy-free triple berry pops
- PREP TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 4-6
- 1 cup Unsweetened Cashew Milk (or milk alternative like almond or coconut)
- 1 cup Fresh Fruit (blueberries, raspberries & sliced strawberries)
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- Materials needed:
- Ice Pop Mold (for 4 or 6 ice pops)
- Wooden Sticks (optional, depending on your mold)
- If using wooden sticks it’s recommended to soak them in water for a few minutes before making the ice pops so they will be able to hold better.
- In a blender, blend cashew milk & honey. Wash & prepare any fruit being used. Slice strawberries.
- Place a mixture of fruit in each of the ice pop molds. If you try & place it closest to the sides you’ll be able to see more of the fruit once the ice pops are removed.
- Pour your milk into the mold almost up to the fill line & then place your sticks in the molds. If using a mold that has a lid & wooden sticks, cover molds with lid, allow to freeze for about an hour & then
- gently place sticks in each mold.
- Allow to freeze for at least 3 hours before removing!