This post is sponsored by Frontier Coop. As always, all opinions remain my own.
I can’t wait to share these tandoori masala chickpea recipe! Crispy chickpeas are something we make in our house weekly. Scratch that. I’d say probably bi weekly. First, they are so darn easy. Second, my kids eat them like crazy. Third, they can be added into almost anything we’re eating seamlessly. Salad? Crispy chickpeas on top. Tacos? Crispy chickpeas inside. Soup? Check. Snacks? Check. There’s not a box that crispy chickpeas can’t check, my friends. Because we have such a large consumption of weekly chickpeas I’ve been known to dress em up in a variety of ways. Making these Crispy Tandoori Masala Chickpeas with Cucumber Dill Tzatziki is just one! And I love that I can use Frontier Coop‘s Organic Tandoori Masala spice blend.
To be completely honest, I’ve made these chickpeas so many times that I’m pretty much on auto pilot when it’s happening. Sometimes the oven is a little higher in temperature, sometimes the seasonings are a little more or less & sometimes I cook em a bit longer than I intended (that happens to the best of us, right)?
But a few things remain the same – things that I feel really help make these guys so crispy. First, I never dry them. I think the moisture helps in someway… also I don’t peel the skins off (those extra bits of skin get the most cripsy!!). And finally, I place them in the oven cold. This final step is more a product of poor planning on my part so really, take that suggestion with a grain of salt (oh, yes, I also work in puns).
How to prepare my crispy chickpeas with cucumber dill tzatziki
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 35 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 45 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- Crispy Tandoori Masala Chickpeas
- 2 15oz cans Garbanzo Beans
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Frontier Coop Organic Tandoori Masala
- Liberal sprinkle of salt
- Cucumber Dill Tzatziki
- 1 cup Organic Greek Yogurt
- 1 medium sized Cucumber, deseeded & diced
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Dill
- Liberal sprinkle of salt
- Optional toppings: coarse salt, olive oil, parsley, cracked pink peppercorns, lemon
- wedges, flatbread
- For the chickpeas, drain two cans of garbanzo beans.
- Place beans, olive oil, lemon juice, Tandoori Masala & salt in a large bowl.
- Stir until well combined.
- Place on a large baking sheet & place in the oven.
- Set oven temperature to 400.
- Roast beans for 25-35 minutes, checking halfway & stirring the beans evenly.
- Once they’ve reached desired crispness, remove from heat.
- While waiting for beans to roast, make tzatziki.
- Salt diced cucumber.
- Place salted, diced cucumber in a mesh sieve with a bowl underneath to reduce the water in the cucumber. Occasionally press cucumber gently to help release water.
- In another bowl add Greek yogurt, olive oil, lemon juice & salt.
- Once the cucumber has released some water, add it to the yogurt, along with the fresh dill.
- Stir until well combined & salt to taste.
- To assemble & serve:
- Place Cucumber Dill Tzatziki in a bowl. Top with Crispy Tandoori Masala Chickpeas & parsley. Drizzle with olive oil, salt & cracked pink peppercorns. Serve with flatbread.