Ok, I admit it. This Cilantro Cumin Coleslaw recipe is yet another recipe I wrote & then just sat on for almost a year.
Literally, you guys. It’s been almost a year since I made this coleslaw for a cooking class at my local Whole Foods. Like the terrible food blogger I am, I am notorious for creating recipes, even going so far to take pictures of them. And then… they never see the light of day.
Don’t ask me why. I don’t know.
The good thing about this (you knew I was going to find a silver lining, right??) is that when things are crazy busy (ie: right now) I don’t worry about creating a brand new recipe for you. I can just pick from one of the many (& oh, are there many) I’ve created over the past few years that just never made it to the old blog. Sorry for all the parentheses just then.
Another fantastic thing about this Cilantro Cumin Coleslaw? It’s the perfect crowd pleaser when paired with my Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Hawaiian Sea Salt. And guess what you’re serving all this deliciousness on? That’s right. My Plantain Tortilla recipe. And no one is going to fault you when you throw in a side of my Super Simple Guacamole (Holy guacamole, the photography in that post! Clearly one of my early ones). And that my friends, <dusts hands off> is how you easily feed a crowd.
How to prepare cilantro cumin coleslaw
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 10-12 servings
- 1 small head of purple Cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ cup of light tasting Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup fresh Lime Juice
- ½ cup Fresh Cilantro, torn, + more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt
- Place thinly sliced cabbage & cilantro in a large mixing bowl.
- In a measuring cup, mix the rest of your ingredients.
- Pour liquid mixture over your cabbage & toss with your hands.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 2 hours or longer to let flavors meld.
- When ready to serve, top with more torn cilantro.
And if you wanna be super popular, be sure to make my friend Jessica’s Roasted Grapefruit Margaritas. You’re welcome.19