A few weeks ago my life was changed when I finally got myself an Instant Pot. I know that probably sounds dramatic but I’m not even kidding. My life has been changed with this magical, time saving device & truth be told, I don’t even think I’m using it to it’s full potential. Since finally diving into my trusty appliance, I use it almost every night to make dinner (aka 4 kids in activities) but the thing that makes me the most happy is mornings I use it to make my Instant Pot Oatmeal!
Let me just provide you with a few words of caution however. Yes, the Instant Pot is a miraculous time saving device. Yes, it will deliver perfectly hard boiled eggs that will peel in a snap. But in this particular situation, I can’t say that the Instant Pot is going to be a time saving device as this recipe from start to finish will take about 30 minutes. But if you want a fuss free oatmeal, that you don’t have to stir, that you don’t have to watch on the stove & that you can leave to go about your morning routine while it cooks, then this is for you.
INSTANT POT OATMEAL
Also, pro tip, I always prep this Instant Pot Oatmeal the night before & sometimes I wake up a bit early before my alarm goes off. When this happens, I hop out of bed, set the manual button to 15 minutes & hop back in bed before I’m fully awake. This means that the oatmeal is ready by the time I wake myself & everyone else up!
One more pro tip, I like to make this on Monday & refrigerate the rest to eat throughout the week. Not like you needed me to remind you to keep leftovers but… it makes a good amount of oatmeal.
- PREPARATION TIME: 10 mins
- COOK TIME: 15 mins
- TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
- AUTHOR: Trisha
- SERVES: 4 servings
- 1 cup Steel Cut Oats
- 3 cups Water
- Optional ingredients: Vanilla & Cinnamon
- Place steel cut oats & water into the Instant Pot.
- Make sure rubber seal is properly positioned in the lid & then close.
- Make sure the vent is sealed.
- Set on manual for 15 minutes.
- The Instant Pot will read as ‘On’ while it comes to pressure (about 10 minutes).
- Once it’s cooked for 15 minutes, give it about 5 minutes of Natural Release & then Manually Release the rest of the pressure.
- Once the lid is removed, the oatmeal will look a bit watery. Give it a good stir & then add in vanilla & cinnamon to taste.
- Serve warm with any toppings, such as fruit, nuts, honey, maple syrup, milk or butter!