My kids & I are definitely fans of green smoothies in our house. I remember when my kids were very young, at the first whirl of the Vitamix, they’d all come stampeding into the kitchen like baby birds with mouths open & chirping!
As the kids got older & some started to get a bit pickier, we found that green smoothies were a great way to get some veggies in that the kids might not necessarily eat. Plus, they are a great way to get extra supplements into the kids.
Something I discovered recently is that my kids love raw cacao nibs. I never figured they would because, ya know, they aren’t sweet. But it never fails if I’m actually eating & enjoying something, my kids hone in on it with laser beams & my treat becomes their treat. So yeah, they like raw cacao nibs.
At first, you might be thinking – smoothie bowl? What’s up with that? Well, honestly I wasn’t much into the craze myself until I tried one. It makes the smoothie more of a meal & you get to top it with all sorts of crunchy bits so in a way, it starts to become a good sub for cereal (which is fantastic if you’re trying to kick the breakfast cereal habit).
Plus, look at how fancy they look. You can’t feel sad eating these. Promise.
Chocolate Nut Butter Banana Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup Ice
- 1 Banana
- 1 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 cup Earthbound Farms Baby Spring Spinach Mix
- 3 Tablespoons Nut Butter
- Optional ingredients for sweetness: Dried Dates
- Raw Cacao Nibs
- Unsweetened Coconut Shreds
- Place ice, banana, coconut milk, greens & nut butter in a high-powered blender. Blend until well combined & pour into two bowls.
- Top with cacao nibs, coconut shreds & any other dried or fresh fruit. Serve in bowls with spoons!